|Sunday, July 21st, 2013
Check-in & Registration – begins at 9:30 AM
Flotilla launches at 11:00 AM
Starting at the Graehl Park Boat Launch in Fairbanks
Take-Out and Award Ceremony at Pioneer Park Boat RampThis is NOT a race, rather it is a flotilla of fun.
Winners are judged on creativity, amount of duct tape used, and integration of the Red Green Show theme, which broadcasts Saturdays at 8pm on KUAC TV.Every vessel must contain at least ONE roll of duct tape in its construction!
RULES of the REGATTA
- Every vessel must contain at least ONE roll of duct tape in its construction.
- All vessels must have a 50-foot docking line.
- No power allowed! Only floating. Vessels can have a motor; just don’t use it.
- Each crew member must sign a liability waiver (available online soon) or at the registration table on the day of event.
- Each crew member on board the vessel must wear a USCG-approved flotation device at all times.
- All entrants assume responsibility for any calamity caused by their entry. Be safe.
- All vessels with children under the age of 18 must have at least one adult on board.
- Removal of vessel and any debris from the vessel in the river is the responsibility of the Captain.
- No alcohol on board.
Registration $30 per vessel.
One complimentary t-shirt per vessel. Additional t-shirts are available for purchase.
How to Register and pay fee:
There are several ways to register and pay the registration fee.
- The easiest way is to use our Online Official Entry Form to sign up and pay with a credit card, or you can do it old-school:
- Fill out a Fillable PDF Form (or print it out and write in information), then either:
- Email a completed Registration form as a scanned or saved PDF to email@example.com; or
- Mail Registration form along with a check to: KUAC, 312 Tanana Dr. Suite 202, Fairbanks, AK 99775-5620; or
- Call Sarah at (907) 474-2673 with your credit card information, or mail your check in.
- Fax form to (907) 474-5064 and Sarah will contact you.
NOTE: Each person on the vessel is REQUIRED to sign a Liability waiver at the event, or you can download the form here and bring it to the event signed or send it to us in advance. Children under at 18 are required to have a PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN (not just an accompanying adult) sign the form, which we recommend be done in advance and brought to the event.