Make Prayers to the Raven explores the ways traditional spiritual values and beliefs guide the day-to-day lives of Alaska’s Athabascan Indians on the Koyukuk River. Each half-hour occurs in a single season, revealing the surprising blend of Western and non-Western beliefs which shape and control that season’s hunting, gathering and living. Set contains 2 DVDs with all 5 episodes.
- The Passage of Gifts is an intimate look at the inter-relationships between humans and animals, and of humans with each other as they exist in the spiritual and natural world.
- The Bible and the Distant Time gives a rare glimpse of some of the ways that traditional Athabascan beliefs and Christian beliefs coexist in villages on the Koyukuk River.
- The Forest of Eyes joins a family on the Koyukuk River as they fish for their yearly supply of salmon, living and teaching survival skills to the children.
- Grandpa Joe’s Country follows Joe Beetus on a moose hunt as he chronicles his 65 years of living in the Koyukuk River Valley.
- The Life in the Bear reveals the reverence with which a bear is hunted, and the feast of the bear party.
Call us to place a credit card order at 800-727-6543, or in Fairbanks at (907) 474-7491.