In its 51st season, the Fairbanks Symphony Orchestra proudly presents a lineup of performances under the baton of Eduard Zilberkant, Music Director and Conductor, and the talented 70-member all-volunteer orchestra.
The season continues with the Design Alaska Holiday Concert, Sunday, Dec. 6 at 4 p.m. (silent auction opens at 2 p.m.) in the Davis Concert Hall, the resident home of the FSO. Featuring the Fairbanks Symphony Orchestra, the Choir of the North, the University Chorus, the Northland Youth Choir, and vocal soloist Jaunelle Celaire, the concert is sponsored by the arts- and community-oriented architectural design and engineering firm, Design Alaska.
Like KUAC, the Fairbanks Symphony is dedicated to presenting uplifting musical performances for Alaskan audiences. FSO performs over an 8-month season and makes outreach concerts to other communities through the Arctic Chamber Orchestra, its touring ensemble. Every year outstanding national and international artists perform as soloists with the FSO, in addition to giving master classes, school programs and recitals while in Interior Alaska. The FSO has won several ASCAP Awards and has commissioned works to be performed by the orchestra.
Also coming up:
- FSO with Zuill Bailey, Cello, Feb. 21 at 4 p.m.
- Arctic Chamber Orchestra with Kathleen Butler-Hopkins, violin, March 28 at 4 p.m.
- 16th Annual Beat Beethoven Race April 10, at 11 a.m. at the Patty Center.
- Chamber Music Concert April 11, at 4 p.m. with the Alaska Trio featuring Eduard
- Zilberkant, piano; Kathleen Butler-Hopkins, violin; Karl Knapp, cello
- Concerto Competition Winners Concert with FSO, April 25, 4 p.m.
Get your tickets today, you don’t want to miss a single show in the rest of the season! Call 474-5733 or order online http://www.fairbankssymphony.org.