KUAC is currently accepting applications for the KUAC Community Advisory Council. If you are interested in assisting with strengthening public broadcasting’s capacity and partnerships with the various communities KUAC serves, please complete an application.
Applications are accepted either electronically below or by mail. Click here for the downloadable .pdf.
Mail hard-copy applications to KUAC, P.O. Box 755620, Fairbanks, AK 99775-5620.
To find our more about the KUAC Community Advisory Council operating principles, click here.
Serving as a member of the KUAC Community Advisory Council is an important role. Members provide valuable feedback by communicating the needs and interests of the many communities served by KUAC. In order to serve effectively, members must inform themselves with regard to public broadcasting issues, become aware of the needs and interests of the communities served by KUAC, and advise the station management with regard to programming goals and service delivery.
Members of the Council should:
- Be listeners/viewers of KUAC
- Be representative of our vast listening/viewing audience
- Have a sense of advocacy for KUAC
- Recognize and understand the important advisory nature of the council
- Demonstrate a collaborative and cooperative approach as a member of a team
- Demonstrate potential for leadership
- Demonstrate commitment by attending two regular meetings per year, acting as an advocate and assisting in public events
- Be accessible for consultation that may require soliciting feedback from our listening/viewing communities